Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

the week in review

On Saturday, the kids saw this display at the Anthropologie store.  They loved it.  We stood outside a while admiring.  Eventually, they asked to go inside, I said, "You guy will not like it is a clothing store for mama."  They insisted.  Sure why not....this is why not in less than twenty seconds from entering the store, Abigail was inside the display window.  I am going to inquire into the Neiman Marcus Christmas window displays in Dallas this year.  

While doing homework, this amazing little girl read a full sentence to me.  She has amassed several site words - I, like, little, the, his, is, has, me, with, to for, her to name a few.  

Saturday, while John was napping, I wanted a nap and Abigail wanted to draw herself for her teacher.  Matt traced her and then she got to work...all by herself.  This is what I found upon awakening.  Wow.  

And we kept improving it throughout the weekend.  

And we added a few more accessories to our giant unicorn as another fun project.  

This little guy and I have been a bit under the weather.  His appetite had really diminished.  So on Monday, I promised if he ate three healthy meals, he could have a fudge ice cream bar for dessert.   He asked Alicia to send pictures to me of him eating his breakfast and lunch that day.  As soon as Abigail and I were out of the door and on our way to Daisy Scouts -- Matt and John were enjoying their ice cream.  So proud of him accomplishing his goal and remembering his reward.  

John's creative side -- we made a Captain America shield and a Thor hammer out of cardboard and duct tape and lots of hot glue gun help.  He is in love with his handmade toys and both he and Abigail enjoyed making them.  We also had a blast making over the kitchen table with a major make over.  I sanded and the kids colored it with wood markers.  Abigail was so excited that she was allowed to actually color the furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment