Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Saturday, October 24, 2015

How to survive a rainy weekend successfully







I just love these smiles.  I hate to see toddler tantrums and kinder frowns.  I had big plans of cool beautiful fall days outside this weekend while Matt is away.  Oh no so luck -- it started to rain Thursday afternoon a few hours after Matt left for Austin fun.  
So we planned lots of play dates.  Thursday night a short jammy play date with the neighbors in the spooky storm watching TV and playing in a tent.  Great success and fun.
Add lots of hugs and cuddle time and extra books at bed time.  
Playdate with Abigail's BFF, Leah.  
Crafts for a rainy day.  Friday, John and I went all out at the crafts store in anticipation of the rain.  Abigail loved the coloring books, stickers, pipe cleaners and glitter pumpkins.  
Abigail set up the table with all the crafts for Leah's arrival.  I was impressed.  Leah thought it was a mess.  It provoked a puff ball sequin fight/chase game for the next 1.5 hours Rainbow Rockstars against the Luke Skywalkers.  Lots of super powers, light sabers and blasters, running, screaming with a few craft making breaks and  graham crackers.  What a fun playdate.  And Abigail helped me clean up afterwards.
Lastly, good food and sleep for Mama.  We ordered delivery pizza one night, went out to lunch another, and packed the house with yummy cheese fruit bread and snacks for all of us.   

No comments:

Post a Comment