Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Safari at Fossil Rim



Hi, I am an Aoudad.  And I am very hungry and so enjoyed visiting Abigail and John as they threw me breakfast this morning. 

I am an Emu.  I am not scared of anyone.....but my friend the Ostrich terrified Yvette.
And that was hilarious!!
This morning we spent over two hours in a car sans seat belts driving around feeding Addax, Arabian Oryx, axis deer, blackbuck, blesbok, european red deer, fallow deer, gazelles, bontebok, bongo,  greater kudu, zebra, wildebeest, waterbuck, scimitar horned oryx, roan antelope, and sable antelope.

It was pretty amazing.  We also saw several cheetahs and black rhinos. 

When we stopped in the petting zoo portion, John was amazed by the greeting from the animals.  He yelled out, "Wow" and started jumping and dancing with them.  Though John's favorite part might have actually been hanging out in the car without his car seat as they recommended we pull them out during the drive in the safari for better viewing....you know hanging out of the window style. 

This was my favorite part --- this little guy was the sweetest loving bontebok.  I would totally take him home!



Earlier this week, we celebrated National night out with friends and neighbors at the park.  For John it was so fun to eat  pizza, lemonade and popsicles while swinging, jumping, and sliding with your friends.  He met up with several of his morning park buddies. 

Abigail and Vivian.  They played Rainbow fairies while they ran all over the park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment