Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy toddler

Abigail with her favorites, bunny, giraffe, Ariel and prince Eric (second giraffe)

We had a party this weekend with all the zoo animals. 

Ariel and Prince Eric were the honored guests. 

We got in some snug time with Dad while watching Toy Story. 

We participated in Toddler Olympics and even made this great shirt at school!

And we had breakfast for dinner with biscuits, butter, eggs and lots of jelly. 
Have you ever read the blog - Honest Toddler -- it is a hilarious portrait of toddler truths.  I am always amazed at how well the topics ring true.  This week I have been amazed at how all the foods Abigail used to eat have been scratched off her menu.  Even the cantaloupe and grapes she could not get enough of last week are No No.  And a new phrase has entered our world, "Abigail doesn't like that!" 
And we have really special events, like yesterday evening when at bedtime, Abigail decided to read me a story.  It was Good Night Moon, by Margaret Wise Brown.  I giggled and laughed amazed that my daughter two weeks shy of 2 had taken on the task of reading to me already.  She had my mannerisms down, reading the authors name, memorized most pages and used the pictures for clues, and really enunciated and read to me with enthusiasm. There will never be a more captivating story -teller in my eyes.  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment