Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Summer, I am sorry to see you go





Dear Summer,
You have never been my season.  I love the fresh crisp air of fall, a stack of new school supplies, college football season, and a cashmere sweater.  Even the sunrises and sunsets are more breath taking in the fall.  Winter and Spring are great too, except they are closer to you....
As Spring peaks, I dread your approach. Beating eternal sunshine.  Swimming pools and bathing suits, mosquitoes and sunscreen. 
This year I finally embraced all the gifts of the season.  And you aren't so bad, especially when you get the yard sprayed for mosquitoes and there are 4 record breaking 4 day lows interspersed throughout July and August.   The whole family enjoyed the more relaxed days -- no schedules for bedtime or morning time.  We ran errands in the evenings or went to the pool for long swims, falling into bed afterwards, with no cares of lunch boxes, or alarms.  We had camps, pool play-dates, and long books -- and if we enjoyed them, we stayed longer, and if we didn't they were over soon enough.  We even met new friends -- the nieces, nephews, grand children of neighbors who were looking for friends and made for great spontaneous play. 
Thank you for the 4 cool fronts that lead to fabulous days outside, relaxed schedules and wonderful evenings away from the normal chores and routine.  We will look forward to your return next year.....but bring those cool fronts with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment