Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Read the book!

The last two weeks have been busy with lots of fun.  We have enjoyed another cold spell with temperatures in the 70s and 80s for three days.  That made for lots of long walks, outdoor play, trips to the park and zoo. 

Abigail enjoyed a Land of Far Far Away camp with a masquerade ball this week.  


John still is always loving the outdoor and water play. 
Abigail is excelling at swim lessons and graduated last week from Tadpole to Minnow!  We have also been going once a weeknight and once a weekend to the club for swimming. 


John and I finished our music class semester.  It was Maracas, which was Abigail's first too.  John has long been enjoying  the songs, especially Play my Drum. 
Abigail is still enjoying her Daisy Meadows, Rainbow Fairies, chapter books -- we are only showing her one book at a time these days to prevent the marathon reading events.  We are on the jewel fairies this week. 
John at music class.  John went to his 15 months well visit this week.  Dr. McGehee was amazed that John listened and followed instructions so well.  He said most children at this age are very passive aggressive and will do it only if they were in the mood.  I knowingly laughed and was thankful that I get to experience different personality traits with both children. 
And Abigail excels at being the life of the party.  We went to an outdoor swim/grill/feed chickens, play with the dogs/swing and slide party.  Abigail did everything at top speeds -- she maximized every minute, swimming and jumping into the pool, chasing chickens, feeding chickens, singing them to sleep,  chase games with the other kids, swinging with mama, eating pints of fruit, cheese, hamburger and pops, decorating indoors, rolling down hills when everyone else was heading home.  She will always be the best know person at any event and she will make sure it is an event that you remember. 
John enjoying spaghetti -- it was not the first time he has eaten homemade spaghetti with us, but it was the first time he fell in love with it and could not get enough, fast enough.  John's diet is very diversified.  He will try just about anything -- from artichokes, blackberries, to elk burgers.  His only request is that you give him variety.  He cannot eat the same thing often and he is constantly wanting to try something new.  This is not like his mama and sissy who could eat cheese, fruit and chocolate for every meal. 

John has developed similar love for reading as Abigail.  This morning, John and I read a book -- okay we read it three times.  It was time to change his diaper, so I picked him up, taking him away from the book.  He made two fists and said, "Read the book!" I have learned that John will say sentences when emotionally charged.  "Look the red balloon", "Mama, I am all done", "Mama, I don't want that".  But it honestly was the first time he even attempted another R sound besides red, so I was a little jolted.  I promised him we would read the book as soon as we changed his diaper.  He smiled and waited patiently for me to change him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment