 |
| This is Abigail 's first diaper. She had the diaper on before I even got to see her and hours before I was finally able to hold her. |
 |
| This is Abigail 's first photo shoot. She peed on that blanket without her diaper. |
|
|
But tonight, after one day of wearing panties from 9 AM to 7 PM, she declared, "Abigail does not wear diapers. She wears panties." I know most parents would love to hear this, but not me. Do not get me wrong -- I am so proud of her. Her independence and determination are wonderful character traits I hope grow. But (1) It was bed time and we had no pull ups and we had a long night of Matt's pager going off last night -- I was not in the mood to change bedding at 2 AM, the night before our "Goodbye to the Dining Room Table/Port party" and (2) I immediately cringed at the thought of public restrooms, emergency stops to potty, leaving the park or running through the neighborhood to get to a potty.
Matt macgyvered a Little Mermaid pull up with panty and diaper to save the evening without a run to the store. I miss you diapers already. ....till we meet again (in a few weeks with Disco).
No comments:
Post a Comment