Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Monday, October 1, 2012

No nap days!

When I decide not to take a nap, I don't make sure all my zoo animals get hugs and kisses at bedtime,



or have tea parties with Ariel and Prince Erik, finger painting, ABC and music games.

I don't make flower gardens out of blocks or take my dolls on train rides,
or silly faces and laughter,
or sweetly sing lullabies to my animals.  


Instead I pout,  whine and cry at the littlest infraction,



throw water all over the floor, and often


 end up in the corner for hitting or throwing, and making my parents miss these sweet times with me. 
We love you Abigail.  Please take a nap at Kid's Place so we can go back to music classes or the park or play-dates in the afternoons.  Today I tried to embrace the toddler baby zombie and her out of the ordinary desires.  We ran toward Abi's flight of ideas -- a bath, the  neighbors house with pumpkins and new Halloween decorations, the two little girls we never met before sitting on their front porch -- who thought she was cute until she tumbled into them and had a temper tantrum---, the cat, the scarecrow, the dog, steps, flowers, trees, trampoline, the scarecrow again.  Lipstick -- all over both of us, a bath again.....when the lipstick would not come off either of us and Abigail was screaming I came to my senses and we spent the remainder of the really beautiful evening indoors with the curtains drawn, lights dim and soothing soft tones.  I think it was the first true fall evening, but we missed it along with our afternoon nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment