Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Sunday, October 21, 2012

26 months!

 Abigail at 26 months.  She can be an absolute dream  - jumping, dancing, singing, laughing and giggling, articulating nicities, such as "May I have some more milk, please;" with easy and grace of a princess.  In public, she can charm the pants off any stranger. 

But she is really trying to fill some mighty big shoes and gets all out of sorts. 
I am really amazed how at ease she feels playing with the 8 and 5 year old neighbor friends, as if she can do all the things they can, like ride bikes, read and write, and aim a thrown ball.
In attempts, to make her own decisions, she can make some pretty poor choices - throwing things, hitting, running head-fast toward the street despite her parents pleas, or dumping the large bowl of water for the second or third time....Alas we all make poor choices, but Abigail is just learning how disheartening the consequences can be. 

While it is painful for us too, it is pretty amazing to watch her processing and learning the patterns of her actions.  Recently, she came up to me and said, "Mama, I am sorry for hitting you." and I said, Abigail, you have not hit me -- too late, she just did at that moment. I really think she was absolved for the apology first. 

So these days, we can get a "Go away", "I am going to put you in time-out", or a "Leave me alone"
as she figures out her independence. We still get the sweetest hugs, kisses, songs and dances to melt our hearts. 

Some stats too: (1) Favorite books - Fancy Nancy
 (2) Favorite color is still pink
(3) Enjoys baths with her mermaids and ponies
(4) Favorite movie -  Cinderella
(5) Food - she will try more foods again, will eat anything with ketchup, and is concerned that not only she eat but also others around her

No comments:

Post a Comment