Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Family of 4 (x 1 month)

So what have we been up to?

Tummy time -- John Harris is really working with his feet, neck and head.






Princess/wedding imaginative play for Abigail.  This is a sea with wedding ships -- see all the wedding couples.



We are going on outings -- like a trip to the zoo. 
 A few of us are getting some sleep. 
Matt had a great idea -- and the easiest entertainment too.

A pool -- Abi calls her fishing pool. 




So how is life different so far? Well the obvious is less sleep and I wish I required less and had a second pair of hands.  The biggest crunch times are centered about food preparation and eating.  And now I need help from everyone including Abigail.  I need her support and cooperation with every task or excursion we attempt, especially if it is solo.  Toddlers are not at all enthusiastic about transitions, like getting dressed, moving from one activity to the next, going to school, etc -- now it is really tough as I need some participation or it often takes two Eat, Wake, Sleep baby cycles to completely accomplish an outing or I end up feeding John Harris in the parking lot of my favorite grocery store.  It pushes independence in a way that is not testing my boundaries, but hers -- that's a wonderful thing.  She is learning to perform tasks herself, rather than wait on me or to go beyond her comfort level of solitary play to find some enjoyment while Mama is feeding baby John.  Attention for each child -- It is easier this time to understand baby cues and all the baby stuff is definitely easier and not stressful.  Finding equal time for each child, by each parent, and all together as a family is a bit harder.  Breast feeding, food preparation for us seems to consume a huge amount of my time and take me away from Abigail.  On the other hand, we have left John Harris blissfully asleep in a carseat or swing for two hours while we have all our attention on Abigail.  Whether it is equal or not, I hope it feels like loving attention, satisfying their need for comfort, love, kindness, and trust.  And that the messy house is forgiven :)


No comments:

Post a Comment