They say a great outfit can make you feel powerful, like you have the strength to do anything, accomplish your dreams. The twirly skirt, nightgown or dress holds these magical properties for Abigail. Nearly every day this week we wore a twirly skirt - the yellow tutu, the pink tutu, the orange skirt, the Ariel nightgown, the Dorothy dress at school. Yes we had to waltz and twirl, but it was more than that....
 |
| I am supergirl in my tutu. I can survive drop off with a hug and kiss to my Mama and a twirl for my teacher, Miss Jessica. |
 |
| I can brush the dogs -- even Slim. |
 |
| I can share. |
 |
| I can be in a happy demeanor all day long -- even on the no nap days! |
On Wednesday at school, in the pink tutu, Abigail was brave and cheerful at drop off, in a great mood all day and one of the teachers was so excited to tell me the sentence she heard Abigail say to another little girl, Greenly, "Okay today, Greenly wears the blue dress and Abigail wears the purple dress." The blue dress is the Dorothy Wizard of Oz dress that Abigail has worn for three weeks straight everyday at school. I was so excited that she actually made the huge sharing sacrifice, but the substitute teacher was excited about the sentence.
No comments:
Post a Comment