Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Moments to remember

Abigail, for the last 8 weeks, has been having a hard time with separation anxiety - and Mama is the one right in the middle.  I feel awful leaving her screaming my name and kicking and pushing another caregiver away, or when she sees me and immediately tells the caregiver, "Bye bye."  I do get quite chagrined.  It is also very tiring as I can't get up to go to the bathroom or cook a dinner for the whole family without freaking Abigail out.  ....But today, she showed signs of resolution.  She grabbed my lunch bag, and said, "Mama's bag.  Mama has to go to work.  Bye bye Mama." And she handed me my bag and headed into the playroom.  Morgan, our Nanny, asked Abi if she would like to give me a hug and kiss.  And I was already elated by the easy going goodbye,...then she ran back to me, stopping and sweetly giving me a hug and a kiss!  I was awed and so happy!  For her sweetness and generosity and her ability to know she was in good hands, was going to have a fun and happy day and that I was going to be back soon. 
Guess who else is going to be back soon -- Matt.  He is heading home right now.  Boy do we miss him!
Putt-putt golf on the "rainy day"



Early morning stroll lead to lots of fun on the beach. 

That afternoon she was dancing

and jumping in the sand. 

And jumping and splashing in the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment