Introducing Abigail

Introducing Abigail

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Top 10 of 21 months!

10.  'UPS man': I think to Abi he is a whole lot better than Santa Claus - he comes year round, and lately several times a week, bringing fun surprises, and if it is just a mechanical toothbrush for Dad in this gigantic box, it is still exciting and fun to play.  The brown UPS truck is a definite tops on our list to see on outings!



9. Stories from school:  Last week, Abigail helped a new classmate with a tough first day.  She entertained Rosie by bringing her dolls to play.  Her teacher said the entire day, Abigail ensured that Rosie had a doll to cuddle.  (And I love that she came home in these cute pigtails as well :) )
8. Visitors: Chris, Poppy and Trish, and Patti have all stopped by this month.  Abigail loves to entertain. 


7.  Upcoming firsts:  Abigail is really getting excited as her Mom and Dad for the beach.  The UPS man brought her a new swimsuit and hat that she just had to wear immediately. 
6. She lifts me up:  She is the best entertainment, fun and energy booster.  I hope to never forget Abi eating macaroni and cheese in the bathtub with all 3 of us in the tub.  What we must do for a good night sleep. 




5. The outdoors: Abigail might have a green thumb.  She loves outside.  It is calming to her and yet full of new discoveries.  This week, with no sleep, spent 40 minutes with me and a neighbor learning how to water all the trees and plants at the park. She really enjoyed it.  And she picked up trash too.  (Alright that one is likely an OCD mama trait and not altruistic, but....)
4.  Big girl moments: (for both of us) A wonderful memory of Poppa, lead to a fabulous Monday morning for the two of us.  I always enjoyed school mornings at my grandparents house -- amazingly it seemed I slept late, had a fabulous breakfast, and got to school early in a serene and calm environment.  I wanted that for Abigail.  And I provided it this Monday (probably not happen again until kindergarten) - I had everything I needed to do completely taken care of and in the car before I woke her up.  She had my full and undivided attention and we enjoyed breakfast and conversation together and we were early for school and work.  Thank you Poppa.  I love you. 



3.  'Silly': Abigail is learning and grasping the idea of a sense of humor.  She is observing books and actions that make you laugh and discerning their subtleties.     It is really amazing to see -- a sense of humor is a wonderful gift and not to be taken for granted.  I prayed for Abigail to get Matt's personality, and alas she has mine.  But she is definitely getting his wonderful sense of humor. 


2. Her voice - Reading -- tonight we read Mr. Brown Can Moo -- Abigail said all the noise parts.  We have read this book for 14 months now -- it was brand new and gave me goose-bumps. 
1. Smiles and kisses: We get plenty of hugs.  Smiles and kisses light us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment